|For making about 2 ‚½ cups of sauce|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Horseradish root/Prepared horseradish, grated||4 Tablespoon, drained and squeezed dry (Fresh)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Melt the butter in a heavy 8-inch skillet over medium heat
2) When the foam has subsided, add the onions and cook them, stirring occasionally, for 2 or 3 minutes
3) Stir in the flour and continue to cook for about 8 minutes longer, stirring constantly (until the onions and flour become lightly colored)
4) Add the stock, the horseradish, salt, pepper, lemon juice and sugar.
5) Stir the sauce (you may use a wire whisk) over medium heat, until it becomes thick and smooth
6) Turn the heat to low and stir in the cream
7) Simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes over very low heat.
8) Taste for seasoning and serve with boiled beef.