Pasta With Creamy Tomato Sauce
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seeded and chopped (Reserve Liquid)|
|Dry white table wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried italian seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||14 Teaspoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Penne/Ziti macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked (Hot)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Ounce, grated and divided|
1. In a blender, process ricotta cheese and milk on high speed for 1 minute; scrape down the sides if necessary.
2. Separate 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese and keep aside for garnishing.
3. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat margarine to melt.
4. Add onion and garlic; cook with occasional stirring for about 2 minutes over medium high heat until the onion softens.
5. Add tomatoes along with the reserved liquid, wine, and Italian seasoning; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes with occasional stirring.
6. Pour the ricotta-cheese mixture into skillet.
7. Add pasta, all Parmesan cheese except the 1 teaspoon kept aside for garnishing and pepper; toss and coat well.
8. In a serving bowl, spoon pasta mixture.
9. Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.