Parmesan Zucchini Basil Sauce Over Pasta
|Whole wheat egg noodles/Rich egg noodles||12 Ounce (Prepared)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce (Room Temperature)|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, scrubbed|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon + 2 Tablespoons)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves/1 teaspoon dry leaf basil||8 , cut into small pieces|
1. Prepare the noodles if making. Cook when the sauce is done. In case of ready-made noodles, cook, drain and keep warm.
2. In the food processor, grate the Parmesan finely.
3. With a knife or using the slicing blade of the food processor, slice the zucchini to julienne.
4. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and heat 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Cook the zucchini for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
6. Now over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
7. Stir in the flour to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
8. Slowly pour in the milk stirring all the time with a wire whisk to keep the sauce smooth, and cook for 1 more minute.
9. Add the zucchini, Parmesan, basil and salt and stir to mix.
10. Toss the sauce until the Parmesan is melted and sauce is smooth.
11. Serve right away over the hot cooked pasta.