Marrows With Piquant Sauce
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Olives||6 , chopped|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1. To prepare the marrows wash and slice them.
2. Fry them such that both sides are golden and tender and when the marrows are fried place them in a deep dish.
3. For the sauce, in a pan fry the onions and the garlic, add the tomato puree and cook for a few minutes.
4. Then add the sugar, chopped olives, capers and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
5. Adding 250 ml of stock simmer slowly for about an hour.
6. When the sauce is done pour over the marrows.
7. Serve hot or cold or as desired.