Lemon Apple Sauce Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||4 , boned and skinned|
|Unsweetened apple juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Red cabbage head||1 Small, cored and cut in 1-inch strips|
|Granny smith apples||2 , cored, cut in wedges|
|Lemon apple sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In deep saucepan, cook chicken in apple juice uncovered, over medium heat about 15 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
2. From the saucepan remove chicken reserving the broth.
3. In large frypan, melt butter over medium heat and saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes such that onion is soft.
4. Add reserved broth, cabbage, apples, sugar, salt and pepper and heat to boil.
5. Lowering the heat, cover and cook for about 8 minutes such that cabbage is crispy tender and apples are soft but firm.
6. On a platter arrange the cabbage mixture after draining it.
7. Top with chicken, pour Lemon Apple Sauce over all and serve.