Tasty Barbecue Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||13 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Dark muscovado sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Gherkins||2 , chopped finely|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained and chopped roughly|
1. In a medium size, heavy saucepan, melt the butter or margarine on a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© them in the butter for about 10 minutes or until tender and evenly browned.
3. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and stir in sugar and chili sauce. Allow the mixture to come to a boil
4. Reduce the heat and cook the sauce for about 25 minutes, until reduced and bubbly.
5. Stir in the chopped gherkins and capers and continue to simmer the sauce for another 2 minutes to absorb the flavors.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning of the sauce.
7. Use this sauce to glaze foods while barbecuing, or serve it as an accompaniment to barbecued food.