Meatballs In Sauce
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dry unseasoned bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For polynesian sauce|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For creamy mustard sauce|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for meatball and mix thoroughly with hand.
2. Shape the meat mixture into walnut size balls about 1-inch big.
3. Arrange the meatballs in a 12-inch x 8-inch microwave proof baking dish.
4. Cover the dish with a lid or with wax paper and place in the microwave.
5. Cook at Power 7 for about 9 minutes, turning the balls once, until they loose the pinkish color.
6. Drain the fat and drippings and keep the meat balls covered.
7. Take a medium (1 1/2-quart) casserole and stir together ingredients for Polynesian sauce.
8. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and mix lightly to coat
9. Microwave for another 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through.
10. In another small microwaveable bowl, combine the ingredients for mustard sauce.
11. Cook for 4-5 minutes until hot, stirring once.
12. Serve the meatballs with the sauces over rice or pasta if you like or use them to make sandwiches if you like.
Calories 657 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.8 mg55.3%
Sodium 946.6 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet