|Spanish onion||1 Large, chopped to make 2 cups|
|Corn oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Skim milk||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Chicken stock||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sesame tahini||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Yogurt||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Dash|
1. In a medium heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add onion and saute it until it is limp.
3. Blend in the flour and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until the flour begins to froth.
4. Gradually pour in stock, stirring constantly to remove lumps and form a smooth sauce.
5. Cook over a low flame for 10 minutes, stirring, until sauce is thick and bubbly.
6. Take pan off the heat and let cool slightly.
7. In a liquidizer or food processor jar combine the remaining ingredients
8. Blend on a low speed until smooth.
9. Tip in the onion sauce and process with remaining ingredients until well blended.
10. Use the sauce in stews, to coat vegetables or in casseroles.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.8 mg9.6%
Sodium 563.5 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 45.6%
Calcium 56.5% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet