Cattle Drive Barbecue Sauce
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Brewed coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Put all the ingredients in a saucepan.
2) Gently simmer the mixture, occasionally stirring, for about 25 minutes.
3) Set aside and allow the mixture to cool.
4) Puree the sauce in a blender till it is smooth. This can be done in batches.
5) Serve or use as preferred.