|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|V 8 juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prune juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1⁄4 , grated|
|Juniper berries||3 , crushed|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan placed over moderate-low heat, melt the butter.
2) Add the onion and cook for about 1 minute.
3) Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients.
5) Heat the mixture to a boil.
6) Reduce the heat and gently simmer, uncovered, till the mixture has thickened. This takes about 30 minutes.
7) Serve or use as preferred after taking out the bay leaf.