Spinach And Mushroom Lasagna Roll Ups With Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Drizzling)|
|Crimini mushroom caps||16 , cleaned with damp towel and finely chopped in food processor|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, defrosted, chopped and squeezed dry (1 Package)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated or grounded|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lasagna noodles||8 , cooked al dente for 12-14 minutes (Curly Edge)|
|Fat-free chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||8 Ounce, crumbled|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Asparagus||1 1⁄2 Pound, steamed|
1) Arrange all the ingredeints, as desired.
2) In a medium skillet, saute mushroom bits with garlic and onion over medium heat for 7-8 ,inutes until mushroom gives off all the liquid and darken and onions are tender.
3) Season the veggies with salt and pepper. This will allow to take off all the water from veggies.
4) Add spinach to the pan and cook for 1 minute and season with nutmeg. Adjust salt-pepper.
5) Add ricotta and cook for 1 more minute.
6) Remove pan from the heat but let the veggies and cheese in the skillet while lasagne is being rolled.
7) In a small pan, heat broth over moderate heat.
8) Add gorgonzola cheese in th brothe and let it bubbles.
9) Add cream and cook for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
10) On a large work surface, place cooked lasagne noodles.
11) Place mushroom-spinach filling in each layer of noodle.
12) In a shallow casserole dish, arrange 8 lasagne rolls and pour hot sauce over them, top with mozzarella cheese.
13) Place the dish uner broiler and let the cheese melt.
14) Serve the lasagna roll ups with broiled tomatoes as side dish.