Chicken Fillets In Tomato Wine Sauce
|Chicken breast fillets||1 Pound, cut into 8 pieces|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, quartered (Retain Liquid, 1 Can)|
|Purple onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fettucini noodles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. In non-stick frying pan, spray butter-flavored spray.
2. Heat the frying pan to medium high.
3. Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until brown color is obtained.
4. Remove the chicken pieces to a warm platter.
5. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with pepper and salt.
6. Drain all liquid from the can of tomatoes (should be about a cup).
7. Pour this tomato liquid into a frying pan and add onion, garlic and basil.
8. Bring this to boil.
9. Reduce heat, cover and cook in simmer for about 5 minutes until onion is tender.
10. Add the can of tomatoes, wine and chicken.
11. Cover and cook in simmer for about 15 minutes.
12. Remove cover and cook on medium temperature for another 5 minutes.
13. Serve on fettuccini noodles.
14. While serving, place the fettuccini noodles on the serving plate and put the chicken fillets in the middle.
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 394.2 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 31 g62.5%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet