Happy Heart Garlic Cheese Pie With Garlic Tomato Sauce
|Safflower oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Firm tofu||14 Ounce, mashed well (1 Packet)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms/8 ounce canned mushrooms, drained||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked, chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Pinch|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch pie plate with a low-fat, no cholesterol baking spray.
2) In a large bowl, add in egg whites and beat till it becomes frothy. Add in lemon juice and mashed up tofu. Mix well and keep aside.
3) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and saute onions till they turn a golden brown before adding in mushrooms, parsley, bread crumbs, 3 garlic cloves, a pinch of oregano, tofu mixture, salt and pepper. Stir well and pour the mixture into the baking dish.
4) Bake for 40 minutes. To check for doneness poke a toothpick in the centre of the pie. If it is baked the toothpick should come out clean.
5) Let the pie rest outside the oven for 10 minutes.
6) To prepare the garlic tomato sauce, in a saucepan saute 3 garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons of oil till light golden, add in tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, basil, cayenne, salt and pepper. When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce flame on cook for 15 minutes.
7) To serve, slice the Happy Heart Garlic Cheese Pie into four quarters. Pour the Garlic Tomato Sauce on top of each.