Pacific Rim Barbecue Sauce
|Orange peel||1⁄4 , grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cold water||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
1) Saute the garlic and orange peel for about 3 to 4 minutes in the sesame oil.
2) Except the water and cornstarch, add all the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Mix together the cornstarch and water and add to the other ingredients.
4) Slowly add the mixture, stirring till it has thickened.
5) Take the sauce off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
6) Serve or use as preferred.