Pacific Rim Barbecue Sauce
|Orange peel||1⁄4 , grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cold water||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
1) Saute the garlic and orange peel for about 3 to 4 minutes in the sesame oil.
2) Except the water and cornstarch, add all the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Mix together the cornstarch and water and add to the other ingredients.
4) Slowly add the mixture, stirring till it has thickened.
5) Take the sauce off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
6) Serve or use as preferred.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1573.1 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 79 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 158.1%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet