Fillet Of Beef With Sour Cream Sauce
|Beef fillet/Eye round||3 Pound, rolled and tied securely at 1 inch intervals|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), diced|
|Parsnips||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Beef stock/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs), fresh or canned (Plus 1/2 Cup If Needed)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven temperature to 450Â° before baking.
2) In a 4- or 5-quart casserole or saucepan, place the beef and then stir in onions, celery, carrots, parsnips, bacon, peppercorns, allspice, bay leaves, salt, a few grindings of pepper and thyme.
3) Mix in melted butter, tossing the meat and vegetables to coat evenly with.it.
4) Keep the meat marinated in this mixture for at least 24 hours if required.
5) Uncover and bake the fillet for 25 to 30 minutes in the middle of the oven until the vegetables and meat are lightly browned, tossing the meat once during cooking time.
6) Reduce the oven temperature to 350Â°F.
7) In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of stock to a boil and mix this into the casserole.
8) Again bake for 1 more hour, tossing the meat occasionally.
9) Pour in more stock only if the liquid seems to be cooking away too rapidly.
10) On a platter, arrange the finished beef and place it warm in a 200Â°F oven while sauce is prepared.
11) Pass the contents of the casserole through a sieve, squeezing hard on the vegetables using a wooden spoon before discarding them.
12) Place the stock back to the casserole and then allow it to come to a simmer over medium heat.
13) Take a mixing bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of the sauce with the sour cream.
14) Using a wire whisk, beat in flour and then mix this into the casserole.
15) Allow the sauce to be cooked for 3 or 4 minutes without boiling and then pour in lemon juice.
16) Adjust seasoning.
17) Serve the beef in slices with the sauce handed over separately.