Mushroom Walnut Sauce with Whole Wheat Pasta
|Whole wheat pasta||225 Gram (1/2 Pound)|
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Mushrooms||225 Gram, coarsely chopped (1/2 Pound)|
|Walnuts||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
1. Fill a medium saucepan half full with water.
2. Heat to boiling point.
3. Add the pasta to boiling water and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until tender-firm or al dente.
4. In the meantime, in a medium-size skillet, heat oil.
5. Add the mushrooms and sautÃ© for 5-8 minutes until tender.
6. Add walnuts and toss with the mushrooms, stirring for a minute.
7. Take pan off the heat.
8. When pasta is cooked, drain in colander.
9. Tip into skillet with mushrooms and walnuts and toss to mix well.
10. Heap into a bowl or onto a serving platter and serve hot.
Calories 1056 Calories from Fat 639
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.6%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet