Mushroom Walnut Sauce with Whole Wheat Pasta
|Whole wheat pasta||225 Gram (1/2 Pound)|
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Mushrooms||225 Gram, coarsely chopped (1/2 Pound)|
|Walnuts||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
1. Fill a medium saucepan half full with water.
2. Heat to boiling point.
3. Add the pasta to boiling water and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until tender-firm or al dente.
4. In the meantime, in a medium-size skillet, heat oil.
5. Add the mushrooms and sautÃ© for 5-8 minutes until tender.
6. Add walnuts and toss with the mushrooms, stirring for a minute.
7. Take pan off the heat.
8. When pasta is cooked, drain in colander.
9. Tip into skillet with mushrooms and walnuts and toss to mix well.
10. Heap into a bowl or onto a serving platter and serve hot.