Coconut Snowballs With Cherry Sauce
|Sour cherry||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Drain the cherries, reserving the syrup.
2) Take a bowl and combine in it syrup with enough water to equal 2 cups of liquid.
3) Take a saucepan and combine in it cornstarch, sugar and salt. Gradually stir in the cherry liquid.
4) Simmer until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly.
5) Add cherries, lemon juice and food coloring. Blend nicely.
6) Scoop ice cream into 8 balls and roll in coconut. Serve with cherry sauce.