Puffy Bacon Omelets With Cheese Sauce
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the broiler at high.
2. To make the cheese sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the butter.
3. Blend in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring
4. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
5. Cook, on low flame, stirring, for about 8 to 10 minutes until sauce is thick and bubbly
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in cheese, W-sauce and season to taste. Cover and keep warm over a pan of simmering water.
7. In a small pan, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove on tissue and keep aside.
8. In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks an a little cold water and beat until thick and frothy.
9. Season with a pinch or salt and pepper.
10. In a clean dry medium size bowl, place egg whites.
11. Whisk them until stiff, forming soft peaks.
12. Fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
13. Heat 2 8-inch frying pans and melt 1 tablespoon butter in each.
14. Into each pan, pour half the egg mixture and, swirling lightly to coat the base
15. When bottoms are golden, transfer pans under broiler.
16. Cook until tops of omelets are puffed and golden.
17. On half side of each omelet, crumble half the fried bacon.
18. Fold each into half over the bacon.
19. Slide omelets onto 2 serving plates
20. Serve the omelets immediately with cheese sauce spooned on top.
Calories 1150 Calories from Fat 762
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g133%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g227.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 839.1 mg279.7%
Sodium 1804 mg75.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 65 g129.6%
Vitamin A 49.8% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 119.7% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet