Quick Meat Sauce For Pasta
|Lean ground sirloin||3⁄4 Pound|
|Marinara sauce||26 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
1. Take a strainer or a colander and line it with paper towels.
2. Put the garlic through a garlic press.
3. Place a heavy, non-stick skillet over moderate heat.
4. Add the ground beef to the heated skillet.
5. Saute the beef for 4 to 5 minutes or until meat loses its pinkness, stirring frequently.
6. Pour the beef into the strainer or colander and allow the fat to drain off.
7. Take a heavy saucepan and place the meat.
8. Add the marinara sauce to this and stir the mixture well.
9. Rub the oregano between your palms to powder it and add it to the saucepan.
10. Add the pressed garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and salt to taste.
11. Stir and mix everything together.
12. Cover and cook for 20 minutes over gentle heat, stirring once in a while.
13. Adjust the seasoning if required.
14. To serve, pour the sauce over hot pasta.
15. Serve at once in soup bowls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195 mg65%
Sodium 2030.3 mg84.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 77 g153.3%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet