Chilli Meatballs With Two Pepper Sauces
|Lean lamb||12 Ounce, trimmed of fat and minced (Preferably From The Leg Or Loin, 350 Gram)|
|Celery stick||1 , finely chopped|
|Whole meal breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Hot chili peppers||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Chives||2 (For Garnish)|
|Anchovy essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet red pepper||To Taste|
|Sweet yellow pepper||To Taste|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Thick greek yoghurt||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a browning dish and preheat it as per the manufacturer's instructions before cooking.
2) Using a fork or skewer, prick the sweet peppers in several places for the sauces.
3) On a double layer of paper towels, arrange the sweet peppers well apart and then cook in the microwave oven for about 5 minutes on high until they are tender, turning them once.
4) In a bowl, place the peppers,wrapping them with plastic film and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
5) Remove the skin and seed of peppers.
6) Chop the red pepper roughly and pass it through a blender or food processor along with 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water until pureed and smooth.
7) Take a small bowl, pour the puree into it and mix in 1 tablespoon of yoghurt.
8) Repeat the same for yellow pepper, but pour it into a separate bowl and mix in the remaining yoghurt.
9) For the meatballs, combine lamb, celery, breadcrumbs, chillies, cut chives, anchovy essence and salt with your hands.
10) Shape the mixture into 20 balls each about 2.5 cm (1 inch) in diameter.
11) In the preheated browning dish, heat olive oil and add in meatballs immediately, tossing the meatballs until they cease to sizzle.
12) Using a lid or a plastic film with a corner pulled back, cover the meat balls and then microwave for 5 minutes on high, turning once.
13) Keep the balls undisturbed for 3 minutes.
14) In the meantime, fit the sauce bowls in the oven together (incase they are small) and heat the sauces for 1 1/2 minutes on medium.
15) Take four warmed serving plates and surround their edges with the red pepper sauce.
16) Pour the yellow pepper sauce into the centre.
17) Draw a pattern in sauces with a skewer.
18) Evenly divide the meatballs among the plates.
19) Garnish with chives and serve on a bed of spaghetti at once.
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 241.5 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet