|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Divided)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Vanilla bean/1 teaspoon vanilla extract||1 , split lengthwise|
1) In a small bowl add 1/2 cup of the milk and sprinkle cornstarch on top.
2) Whisk to dissolve.
3) Add sugar and egg yolks to the mix mixture, whisk well.
4) In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, add remaining 2 cups of the milk and the vanilla bean.
5) Simmer over low heat.
6) Take out the bean, scrape the vanilla seeds into the milk, and discard the bean.
7) Gently whisk egg yolk mixture into the milk.
8) Cook for about 3 minutes, whisking frequently until the sauce comes to a full boil.
9) If using vanilla extract, add now.
10) In a small bowl, strain through a wire sieve.
11) Serve warm.