Fruited Fresh Tomato Sauce
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Strawberry fruit||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry vinegar/Rasberry/any fruit flavored vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) Chop the tomatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and arrange evenly in a shallow, microwavable dish and sprinkle the chopped shallots on top.
2) Pour olive oil, wrap a cling film around the mouth leaving a little gap and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
3) Fold the vegetables in, add sugar, vinegar and mix well before microwaving uncovered for 1 minute.
4) Season the sauce with pepper and chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
5) To serve you may puree the sauce to get a fine consistency or serve as it is.
6) Serve the Fruited Fresh Tomato Sauce hot.