Easy Lemon Sauce
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small (2 cup or 1 quart) microwaveable casserole, bowl or measure, combine the sugar and 3/4 cup water.
2. Place in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute until sugar completely dissolves.
3. To the remaining water, add cornstarch and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
4. Add this to the sugar mixture stir well.
5. Return to the microwave and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring twice, until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
6. Add butter and to the hot sauce and stir until well blended.
7. Serve the sauce as a substitute to whipped cream over berries, fruit or desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 3.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.19 g0.78%
Sugars 67 g
Protein 0.22 g0.45%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.47%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet