Easy Lemon Sauce
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small (2 cup or 1 quart) microwaveable casserole, bowl or measure, combine the sugar and 3/4 cup water.
2. Place in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute until sugar completely dissolves.
3. To the remaining water, add cornstarch and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
4. Add this to the sugar mixture stir well.
5. Return to the microwave and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring twice, until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
6. Add butter and to the hot sauce and stir until well blended.
7. Serve the sauce as a substitute to whipped cream over berries, fruit or desserts.