Ziti With Sweet Meat Sauce
|Poultry seasoning||2 Tablespoon, divided (Poultry Magic)|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Ziti pasta||12 Ounce, cooked and drained|
1) In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Poultry Magic with turkey.
2) Work with your hand to combine the ingredients. Place it aside.
3) Use a 3 1/2-quart saucepan to heat oil and margarine over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until margarine has melted and starts to sizzle.
4) Add turkey to cook, stirring occasionally to separate chunks, until turkey is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
5) Sauté onion and bell pepper to cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
6) Add remaining 1 teaspoon Poultry Magic, tomatoes, tomato puree, carrots, 1/2 cup stock, granulated sugar and salt; mix well. (If you like a sweeter sauce, add the brown sugar.)
7) Cook the mixture by occasional stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
8) Reduce heat to low; cover with a lid to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9) Pour in remaining 1 cup stock and cover with a lid.
10) Simmer an additional 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and the color has changed from bright red to dark red, by occasional stirring.
11) Remove from heat.
12) Serve the hot pasta by spreading the sauce on top.
Calories 752 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 92.3 mg30.8%
Sodium 706.6 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 115.6% Vitamin C 83.7%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 48.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet