Duck With Orange Sauce
|Duck||1 1⁄4 Pound (600 Gram, Per Person)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 , grated rind and juiced|
|Dry red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Wine Glass)|
|Red currant jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , sliced|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7.
2) Heat a pan, pour in water, add giblets and make stock..
3) On a trivet of a roasting tin, keep the duck and prick all over with a fork.
4) Add salt and pepper and season liberally.
5) Roast for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4. Remember to roast for 25 minutes per 1 lb (450 g) weight.
6) Take the duck away the tin from the oven. Drain and reserve the fat. Use this for roasting potatoes.
7) Let the duck stand for 5 minutes.
8) Using kitchen scissors, cut the duck into four portions and keep them on a lightly greased tray.
9) Apply marmalade liberally over the pieces and return to hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
10) MAKING THE SAUCE:- Add a little stock to the roasting tin and deglaze it. Add it into a saucepan.
11) Put in rind and juice of oranges, wine, sherry and redcurrant jelly.
12) Keep stirring well till the jelly is dissolved. Let it come to a boil.
13) Add salt and pepper to taste.
14) Serve the duck hot along with sauce and orange slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2088 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.6%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.6 mg151.2%
Sodium 890.3 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 218 g72.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.8%
Sugars 173.2 g
Protein 104 g207.6%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 539.7%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 136%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet