Chicken in White Wine and Yogurt Sauce
|Chicken breasts||4 , split and skinned|
|Bouillon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon, rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a shallow baking pan, melt 2 tablespoons of margarine.
3) Place chicken breasts in the pan and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining margarine.
5) To the pan, add flour and cook briefly, stirring.
6) Add bouillon, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and smooth.
7) Then add yogurt, wine, lemon rind, salt and pepper, stirring until blended well.
8) Remove the pan from oven.
9) Now, turn each chicken breast.
10) Cover each piece with sliced mushrooms, and pour sauce over all.
11) Bake again, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until tender.
12) Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with a lemon twist and a sprig of parsley.