Baked Chicken With Tomato Mustard Cream Sauce
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, skinned, and halved (2 Whole Breasts, About 1 Pound Each)|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||5 Large, peeled, seeded, and finely diced|
|Thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Grainy mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche/Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces (3/4 Stick)|
1. Preheat the oven at 450° F.
2. Slice the chicken breasts pieces at a 30-degree angle across the grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
4. Place the pieces on an oiled heavy sheet.
5. Refrigerate until the chicken pieces are not ready to cook.
6. Take a sauté pan and heat the oil.
7. Add tomatoes in it and cook by constant stirring against high flame for around 7 minutes.
8. Add thyme, salt, and pepper.
9. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside the ingredients.
10. Take a non-reactive saucepan and add wine, vinegar, and shallots to a boil over medium-high heat.
11. Continue boiling the ingredients until all the liquid is evaporated.
12. Remove the pan from the heat, whisk the creme fraiche and mustard, and then return the mixture on flame. The cooking should continue till the ingredients get to be reduced in ½ quantity.
13. Add butter, one piece at a time and continue whisking constantly.
14. When the entire mixture will seem thick and foamy add the tomato reduction preparation in it. Add salt and pepper in it as required. Keep the preparation warm.
15. Bake the chicken breasts for 14 minutes or till it is properly baked. Take double care so that the chicken pieces may not get overcooked.
16. Reheat the sauce.
17. Arrange the chicken breasts on individual plates and spoon on the sauce.
18. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side.