Sauteed Breast Of Chicken With Foie Gras And White Wine
|Chicken breasts||2 , skinned, boned, halved, and flattened slightly (Whole)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (Do Not Pack Tightly)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F.
2. Take a sauté pan and melt the butter.
3. Sauté the chicken pieces over medium-high heat about 3 minutes on each side.
4. When the sautéing will be almost done, remove the meat pieces on a plate and place in the oven.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the shallots and garlic to the pan.
6. Cook for another 5 minutes, till the shallots turn soft but not brown.
7. Enlarge the heat and deglaze the pan with white wine and cream.
8. Cook 3 minutes more to reduce slightly the liquid consistency.
9. Add the herbs like basil, parsley; season the preparation with salt and pepper, and then place the chicken breast pieces in the pan.
10. Now the dish is ready to serve.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.3 mg33.1%
Sodium 175.6 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 33.6%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet