|Ruby port||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red currant jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, and place together port and orange peel.
2) Heat and cook uncovered, until the port mixture is reduced to 1-1/3 cups for 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Mix in the orange juice, lemon juice, currant jelly, and cayenne until well blended.
4) Let the port mixture to boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until jelly is melted.
5) Serve the Cumberland Sauce hot or cold with ham or chicken, if desired.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.11 g0.17%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.07%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 43.8 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 37.9 g
Protein 0.54 g1.1%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 59.5%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet