Buttermilk Chocolate Sauce
|Dutch process cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Such As Droste Or Lindt , Not Hershey'S)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non-fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grand marnier/Other orange-flavored liqueur||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a small saucepan off heat, mix the cocoa and brown sugar.
2. Add the buttermilk, a little at a time, whisking constantly with a wooden spoon, until smooth.
3. Place the pan over medium heat, and cook, stirring with a whisk now, for about 2 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir the liqueur in.
5. The sauce will get thicker as it cools.
6. Serve as a topping on a variety of desserts.
If not using right away, you can keep it in the refrigerator for several weeks in a tightly closed container.