Polenta with Tomato Sauce
|Corn meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a saucepan and place corn meal in it.
3) Gradually add milk and stir until mixture becomes thick and comes to a boil.
4) Simmer for about 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
5) Beat in egg.
6) Add salt, pepper, 1/4 cup salad oil and 1/2 cup cheese.
7) Spread the prepared mixture to 1 1/2 inches depth in a pan and cool.
8) Cut into 3 inch rounds and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
9) Take a saucepan and heat remaining oil in it.
10) Add onions and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
11) Discard the garlic and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
12) Pour tomato sauce around corn-meal rounds.
13) Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
14) Garnish with cheese, if desired. Serve hot.
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 54.1 mg18%
Sodium 414.8 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet