Tilefish In Red Sauce
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes/28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and sliced||1 Pound, peeled, seeded, and sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Hot red pepper/1 dried red pepper, crumbled||1 Small, diced (Fresh)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tile fish steaks/Steaks of any other non-oily, white fish such as seabass / grouper / cod||2 Pound (6 Steaks, Each 1 1/4 Inch)|
|Chopped coriander/Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon (Imported)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a small cup, mix the paprika with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and keep aside.
3. In a shallow, flameproof baking dish which is big enough to hold the fish steaks in one flat layer, put the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
4. Swirl the oil around the dish to coat the bottom evenly.
5. Layer half the tomato slices, the garlic, and the hot pepper on the oil.
6. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
7. Place the fish steaks on this layer.
8. Now cover the steaks with the rest of the tomato slices.
9. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper again.
10. Also sprinkle with coriander.
11. Spoon the paprika oil mixture on this, spreading it with the back of the spoon.
12. Place the dish over high heat on top of the stove.
13. Cook the fish for 5 minutes.
14. Now cover the dish with aluminum foil.
15. In the pre-heated oven, bake the dish for 15 minutes.
16. Serve hot with rice.