Neapolitan Ice Cream With Cherry Sauce
|Canned pitted black cherries||15 Ounce, drained, juice reserved (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon, combined with cornstarch|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon, combined with water|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Neapolitan ice cream||1⁄2 Gallon (Chocolate, Vanilla And Strawberry)|
1) Take a small saucepan, heat over moderate flame.
2) Add the sugar-cornstarch mixture, and pour 1 cup of the reserved cherry juice into it.
3) Stir until thickened for about 1 to 2 minutes, then add cherries, and lemon juice.
4) Keep stirring for a minute longer and remove from heat.
5) Remove the top and one end of a half gallon of Neapolitan ice cream.
6) Take a bread knife, and slice 1-inch slices of the ice cream brick, giving each slice a stripe of each flavor.
7) Take dessert plates and spoon over the cherries with sauce. and top with slices of ice cream. Keep extra sauce on the table.
8) Sprinkle almonds if you like and serve with Amaretti cookies.