Brussels Sprouts In Mustard Sauce
|Frozen brussels sprouts/3/4 pound fresh brussels sprouts||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk. Place aside.
2) In a saucepan, add ½ cup chicken broth to cook Brussels sprouts. Cover with a lid before placing aside.
3) Use a small skillet to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
4) Add oil and place onion to sauté.
5) Remove from heat and gradually pour in 1 cup chicken broth.
6) Add mustard and pepper to stir in.
7) Place over heat.
8) Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture into the broth.
9) Stir the liquid constantly for about 5 minutes to make a smooth and thick sauce.
10) Pour the mustard sauce over cooked Brussels sprouts and coat by stirring all together.
11) Serve the preparation at once by adding a dash of paprika, if you wish.