|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small (2 cup or 1 quart) microwaveable casserole, bowl or measure, combine the sugar and 3/4 cup milk.
2. Place in the microwave and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes, stirring after every 1 minute until sugar completely dissolves.
3. To the remaining milk, add cornstarch and blend well.
4. Add this to the sugar-milk mixture and cook for another 11/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until the sauce thickens.
5. Add butter and vanilla to the hot sauce and stir until well blended..
6. Serve the sauce as a substitute to whipped cream over berries, fruit or desserts.