Asparagus Spear With Raspberry Sauce
|Fresh asparagus||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed (20 To 25 Spears)|
|Fresh raspberries/1 package of 10 ounces frozen raspberries, drained until dry||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Fresh raspberries/1 package of 10 ounces frozen raspberries, drained until dry||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh spinach leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Coarsely cracked pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, boil 2 quarts of water.
2) Add asparagus and parboil for 2 minutes. Rinse immediately under cold water.
3) Using food processor fitted with metal blade process the berries until smooth.
4) Strain the mixture in a bowl and remove seeds.
5) In the processor bowl add olive oil, whipping cream, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process the mixture for 5 seconds to blend.
6) Mix it to the raspberry puree.
7) Adjust flavoring if desired.
8) Before serving divide cleaned spinach leaves on four chilled salad plates.
9) Place 4 or 5 asparagus spears on each plate and put a ribbon of dressing on the center.
10) Garnish with chives and coarsely ground pepper over it.
11) Pass raspberry sauce along with it.
12) If used for buffet presentation, arrange the asparagus on a large serving platter.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.7 mg6.9%
Sodium 109.7 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.4%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 84.2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet