Rosy Cranberry Applesauce
|Apple||1 Small, pared|
|Applesauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Teaspoon, firmly packed|
1. On a 1-quart saucepan, spray nonstick cooking spray to grease and heat.
2. Add apple; stir frequently and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
3. Stir in applesauce, cranberries, 2 tablespoons water and brown sugar; cook with occasional stirring for about 10 minutes until the cranberries pop.
4. Let the mixture cool down slightly and then transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate.
6. Serve chill.