Cornish Hens With Peach Sauce
|Cornish hens||2 Pound, split (2 Whole, 1 Pound. Each)|
|Browning sauce||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Canned sliced peaches in heavy syrup||16 Ounce, drained, reserve 1/3 cup syrup (1 Can)|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon/Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger/Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In an 8-inch square baking dish, place hens.
2. Brush the hen with browning sauce.
3. Season with paprika and pepper.
4. Cover the dish with wax paper.
5. Heat on High for 12 to 14 minutes.
6. Let it stand covered 10 minutes.
7. In a small glass bowl, take reserved syrup, orange juice, cornstarch and ginger; stir well to mix.
8. Heat at High for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened; stir occasionally.
9. Top hen with peaches.
10. Pour sauce over hens.
11. If required, heat for 2 to 3 minutes just before serving.