Veal With Tuna Sauce
|Canned tuna||3 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and broken into chunks (1 Can)|
|Anchovy fillets||3 , cut up|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced|
|Veal stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Reserved From Herb Stuffed Veal Shoulder)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Herb stuffed veal shoulder||1 , reserved chilled|
|Herb stuffed veal shoulder||1 , chilled (Reserved)|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced pitted ripe olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) In the container of a blender, put the drained tuna, anchovies and garlic along with ¼ cup of the reserved veal stock. Cover and beat till pureed. Keep aside. If a blender is not available, use a widen spoon to thoroughly mash the ingredients together.
2) In a small saucepan, melt the margarine or butter. Add the flour and pepper and stir well. Cook, constantly stirring, till the mixture is bubbly. Add the remaining veal stock and continue to cook and stir till the mixture is thick and has boiled for about 1 minute. Add the wine and the pureed tuna mixture. Stir well. Keep the sauce warm.
3) Use a sharp knife to cut the reserved chilled veal roast into 8 even slices.
4) In the bottom of a 9-inch freezer-to-oven pie plate, put 1/3 of the tuna sauce and tip with 4 veal slices. Allow to overlap if required. Spoon on about ½ of the remaining sauce and then put the remaining veal on the top. End with a final layer of the sauce.
5) Use heavy-duty aluminium foil with a double fold over the top to securely wrap the pie plate. Seal, label and cook in the fridge. Freeze.
6) To cook the frozen pie, put the still frozen pie in a cold oven and bake for 1 ¼ hours at 350 degrees. Remove the foil and use olives to garnish.
7) Serve hot with Italian bread or green salad.