Tofu And Broccoli With Dipping Sauce
|Instant vegetable broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce, dissolved in 3/4 cup for warm water|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Firm tofu||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 12 equal rectangular pieces|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs) (1/3 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Scallion||2 Tablespoon (Green Onion)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees f.
2.Take a medium mixing bowl, mix together soya sauce, tofu , broth mix and coat well.
3.Refrigerate covered for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
4. Drain the tofu and keep the marinade aside.
5. Spray nonstick cooking spray on nonstick baking sheets.
6.Take a small mixing bowl and mix together garlic powder, bread crumbs, five spice powder.
7.Coat each piece of tofu with egg substitute and then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
8. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with all ingredients.
9. Bake for 5 minutes and trun the tofu and broccoli over until they become golden brown in color.
10. Serve hot.