Broiled Steak With Bearnaise Sauce
|Shell steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Pieces, 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon (1/8 Stick)|
|For bearnaise sauce|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced shallots||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
|Minced fresh tarragon/Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the broiler to suitable heat.
2) MAKING THE SAUCE: In a small saucepan, boil vinegar, wine, shallots, dried tarragon, and salt and pepper till it reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Remove and filter, reserving the liquid, and cool.
3) To the blender bowl, add in egg yolks, lemon juice, and reserved liquid. Blend at high speed.
4) Gradually pour in a steady stream of melted butter as the mixer runs. When blended, transfer sauce into a bowl.
5) Add in minced herbs and seasonings, and set it aside.
6) Upon the hot broiler, line steaks and cook on each side for 5 minutes. Dot the steaks with butter as it cooks. The steak will be rare.
7) Serve hot with bearnaise sauce