Turkey With Piquant Pepper Sauce
|Szechuan peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Turkey breast fillet||1 Pound, cut into thin strips (500 Gram)|
|Dried red chillies||3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Fresh root ginger||2 Inch, peeled, finely chopped (1 Piece)|
|Corn flour||4 Teaspoon|
|Cold chicken stock/Water||8 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, blend in corn flour with 2 tablespoons of the stock or water. Pour in remaining stock or water and rest of the sauce ingredients. Place it aside.
2) In a wok, add Szechuan peppercorns to dry-fry over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
3) Transfer the peppercorns in a mortar and pestle. Crush finely.
4) Add 2 tablespoons oil in the wok to heat up over medium heat.
5) Place the turkey and Szechuan pepper in to the wok.
6) Increase the heat to high and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until lightly colored on all sides.
7) With a slotted spoon, remove the turkey into a plate. Place aside.
8) Place the wok over medium heat.
9) Add remaining oil to heat until hot.
10) Stir-fry chillies, garlic and ginger into the oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender but not brown.
11) Pour in the sauce and mix well.
12) Increase heat to high to make the sauce thick and glossy.
13) Place the turkey and its juices to the wok.
14) Toss all together for 1-2 minutes or until all the ingredients are combined and piping hot.
15) In a warm serving plate, serve the preparation immediately, while it is piping hot.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg0.2%
Sodium 350.2 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 20 g39%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet