Roasted Pheasant with Prince Charles Sauce
|Pheasant||2 3⁄4 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Orange||1 , halved|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Flat leaf parsley sprigs||4|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Defatted chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prince charles sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Homemade / Store Bought)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Rinse the pheasant, clean the cavity well, then remove any excess fat and pat dry.
3) Squeeze the orange all over and inside the bird cavity. Then brush the pheasant with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4) Place the parsley, garlic, and bay leaf in the bird cavity.
5) In a small roasting pan, place the bird and arrange bacon slices across the pheasant. Then add the chicken broth and Drambuie into the pan.
6) Place in the center of the oven and bake for 1 1/4 hours, basting 2 or 3 times. Remove the bacon after 1 hour and bake the bird for another 15 to 20 minutes until the breast is brown and thoroughly cooked.
7) Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then carve out the meat.
8) Serve immediately with a sauceboat of Prince Charles sauce.
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.2%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224 mg74.7%
Sodium 296.7 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 72 g144.8%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet