Quick Fried Ribbons Of Duck With Plum And Ginger Sauce
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Duckling breast fillets||12 Ounce, skin and fat removed, cut into thin strips (375 Gram)|
|Red plums||8 Ounce, halved, stoned and cut into thin strips (250 Gram)|
|Chicken stock/Water||4 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese 5 spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced spring onions||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a wok, heat up oil over medium heat until hot.
2) Place the duckling strips in the wok.
3) Put the heat to high and stir-fry the duck strips for 4-5 minutes.
4) With a slotted spoon transfer the meat into a separate plate. Place aside.
5) In the wok, add the plums along with stock or water, hoisin sauce, orange juice, sugar, soy sauce, ginger and five-spice powder.
6) Mix all ingredients by stir-frying.
7) Reduce the heat to simmer the mixture for 10 minutes or until the plums are soft.
8) Place the stir-fried duckling strips back into the sauce.
9) Increase heat to high and rapidly boil to tenderize the duckling meat.
10) In a warmed serving plate, place the preparation. Garnish with spring onion slices and serve hot.