Sweet And Sour Dipping Sauce
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and diced|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into matchstick strips|
|Tomato ketchup||6 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple slices in syrup||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Drain the pineapple and reserve the syrup.
2. Blend the cornstarch in the syrup to make a smooth, thin paste.
3. Chop the pineapple into small bits and keep aside.
4. In a small saucepan combine the oils and heat on a medium flame .
5. Add and sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
6. Stir in cornstarch mixture and remaining ingredients except the pineapple bits.
7. Simmer, stirring constantly for about 5 to 8 minutes until thick and bubbly.
8. Stir in the pineapple bits.
9. Serve the sauce immediately before it becomes lumpy.