Grilled Tandoori Chicken Breasts And Vegetables With Minted Yogurt Sauce
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned and flattened, left whole / halved (3 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Plain yogurt marinade||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger piece||3 Inch, peeled and cut into chunks (1 Piece)|
|Garlic cloves||8 Large, peeled|
|Cumin||2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Ground cumin||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Ground cardamom||2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow food coloring||2 Tablespoon|
|Cauliflower||1 Small, cored, stemmed and broken into large florets|
|Carrots||4 Medium, peeled and quartered slantwise|
|Onions||2 , cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Zucchini||2 , halved lengthwise|
|For yogurt mint sauce|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled, seeded and grated|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
|Thin lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
1) In a large bowl, place the chicken breasts. Make slashes 1 inch apart along the grain. Push the yogurt into the slashes.
2) Use a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade, to combine the oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, cardamom, salt, cayenne, cloves, and food coloring. Process to a puree.
3) Pour the marinade over the breasts. Turn several times to coat well, and push the marinade into the slashes. Refrigerate overnight, covered with plastic wrap, or marinate at room temperature at least 2 hours.
4) Let the chicken stand at room temperature half an hour before grilling.
5) Prepare a charcoal fire. When the coals are glowing with a layer of white ash, scatter soaked grapevine cuttings over the coals to subside the heat to a moderate level. Lightly brush the grilling racks with oil.
6) Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and allow any excess to drain off. Brush the cauliflower, carrots, onions, and zucchini with the marinade and let dry.
7) Arrange the chicken breasts toward the center of the grill, the vegetables around the outer rim, and grill for 20 minutes, or until done, turning every 3 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook. Check the vegetables and turn frequently. They are done when slightly soft but not mushy. Do not let them burn.
8) In another bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Place inside refrigerator to chill until it is time to serve. Just before serving, sprinkle with the remaining mint.
9) On a serving platter, place the chicken breasts. Surround with the grilled vegetables, and decorate the platter with cilantro and lemon slices. Serve hot with yogurt sauce.