Mackerel With White Wine Sauce
|Mackerel||4 Small (Or 2 Large Size)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Clean each mackerel and fillet into two.
2) Wash under cold water, dry it and use seasoned flour to coat each fillet.
3) To make the wine sauce, bring the stock made from fish bones along with the white wine to a boil.
4) Cook gently over low heat for about 15 minutes or till the mixture has reduced by ½.
5) Stir in the cream and heat the sauce thoroughly. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste to season.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg yolk and stir some of the warm sauce into the egg.
7) To the sauce, add the egg yolk and put the pan back on the heat for about 1 minute.
8) Ensure that the sauce is kept but do not let it boil or it will start to curdle.
9) In a skillet, melt the butter and put the fillets. Saute over low heat for about 6 minutes on one side. Turn the fish over and cook on the other side for 6 minutes.
10) Serve hot.
Calories 1193 Calories from Fat 825
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.9%
Saturated Fat 44 g219.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 418.2 mg139.4%
Sodium 421 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 54 g107.6%
Vitamin A 58.6% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 33.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet