Chicken Mousse With Tomato Basil Sauce
|Chicken breast meat||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Prosciutto||1 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||To Taste, melted|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiled ham||1⁄4 Pound, boiled (Very Thin Slices, 8 Pieces)|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Pound, peeled, seeded, and diced (4 Pieces)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 , reduced by half|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh basil/Parsley/a combination of both||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Use a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade, to combine the chicken with the eggs, yolks, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in two batches. Process to a smooth paste. Add the prosciutto to the mousse and pulse to mix well.
3) Use 4 individual custard cups to brush with melted butter. Press 2 slices of ham into each cup so the edges fall a bit over the sides.
4) Pour in the mousse and fold the ham over the top to cover it.
5) Cut 4 rounds of parchment paper to fit the molds. Butter the parchment paper and put it butter side down over the ham.
6) Use a large baking pan, to put the molds. Add water halfway up the sides of the cups.
7) Place inside the oven to bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the mousse is set.
8) In a saucepan, combine the oil, tomatoes, bouquet garni, and stock.
9) Place over heat to bring a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
10) Remove the bouquet garni and pour the sauce through a strainer into another saucepan. Add salt and pepper, and stir in the basil. Set aside.
11) Remove the molds from the oven and carefully take off the parchment paper. Allow cooling.
12) Use individual serving plates to invert the mousse.
13) Whisk 1 tablespoon butter to the warm tomato sauce, until it melts.
14) Pour the sauce around the base of the molds. Sprinkle with parsley and chives and serve immediately.
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 627.5 mg209.2%
Sodium 450.9 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 84.9% Vitamin C 60.9%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet