Fresh Tomato Basil And Ricotta Sauce
|Chopped ripe tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced red onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Pasta||1 Pound, cooked according to package directions, drained, kept warm (Such As Rotelle, Fusilli, Ziti, Penne Or Tubetti)|
1) In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, onion and garlic.
2) Add ricotta cheese, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Stir well to mix all the ingredients.
4) Fold in cooked pasta and toss gently.
5) Serve the pasta immediately by garnishing, if desired.
Calories 902 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.8 mg13.9%
Sodium 208 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 30 g59.7%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet