Grilled Steak And Onions With Mushroom Sauce
|Porterhouse steak||5 Ounce, trimmed of excess fat|
|Spanish onion||3 Large (1/2 Inch Thick Each)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Mushroom caps||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Small, minced|
|Canned beef broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Ready To Serve)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Season steak with pepper and keep aside.
3. Grease onion slices by spraying nonstick cooking spray.
4. On a rack in broiling pan, arrange the greased onions and broil until lightly browned; turn onion frequently while broiling.
5. Remove onion from rack and keep aside in a plate; keep warm.
6. Over the rack, arrange steak and broil for 3-4 minutes on each side until done to taste.
7. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
8. Stir fry mushrooms and garlic over medium high heat for about 2 minutes until the mushrooms are browned.
9. In a 1-cup liquid measure, stir together rest of the ingredients.
10. Pour the blended liquids into the mushroom mixture and cook with continuous stirring until the liquids start to boil.
11. Then, simmer over low heat for about 1 minute until the liquids thicken.
12. In a plate, arrange steak with onion slices.
13. Spoon mushroom sauce over the steaks.
14. Garnish with parsley.